Solar Street Lights
Solar street lights are raised light sources which are powered by photovoltaic panels generally mounted on the lighting structure or integrated in the pole itself. The photovoltaic panels charge a rechargeable battery, which powers a fluorescent or LED lamp during the night.
How it Works
- The Working Principle of Solar Street Light is very simple.
- Photo voltaic solar cells convert the radiation of sun light into electrical energy.
- This conversion takes place by the use of the semiconductor material of the device.
- This process of energy conversion is generally called the “Photo voltaic effect”.
- It is also known as solar cells, or “photo voltaic cells.”
- With the help of photo voltaic solar cells made of the principle effect of solar panels during the day.
- The received electrical energy stored in batteries.
- At night when the illumination reduced to 10lux.
- Then Solar cells board open the circuit voltage of about 4.5V.
- Then charge and discharge controller is used to detect movement of the voltage value.
- Charge and discharge controllers are generally used to protect the battery.
- The operation cost is not so high.
- This is a pollution free source of producing Electricity.
- NO external wires are used. so chances of occurrence of accidents are minimized.
- The parts of of this system are easy to carried. so remote access is applicable.
- They require less maintenance.